Monday, September 17, 2007

Odds & Ends

We've heard from Ryan a couple of times. He's doing well. He's enjoying the MTC. He has 2 companions. Elder Norton, who was actually called to San Fernando English 2 years ago but after 2 weeks in the field had some medical complications and was sent home - he's now called back to the same mission - Spanish speaking. Ryan says they get along great. His other comp. is Tongan, Elder Satuala, and he's had a tough home life and is really struggling with the language.
Ryan joined the MTC choir and he's liking MTC basketball, and the firesides and going to the temple and just the whole atmosphere there. He really enjoyed Pres. Hinkley's son, Richard's fireside. He told them not to complain if the work seems hard - because his dad doesn't!

***************************************************************************************




The birds we've been feeding
have been a little sloppy so I
have some unexpected
sunflowers growing.
They are really pretty!






I planted some
dahlias by my
Japanese Maple
2 years ago.
They just haven't
done much so I
moved them to a sunnier spot.







They've pretty much exploded this year!






**************************************************************************************

I finished painting the
downstairs bathroom.
It's been an unfinished
project for the last 2
weeks. It's the same
color as the girl's
bedroom-Sage Mist.
I love it!



*************************************************************************************


OK, when I woke up this morning
it just really felt like fall and I
thought it was time for some good
'ole comfort food! Martha Stewart
helped me find a twist on one of our
favorites - Chicken Pot Pie.
It was soooo good!

8 comments:

Paige said...

That pot pie looks yummy! I love "comfort food" season. I just wish it didn't come with the comfort food calories! And I'm glad Ryan is doing well. Keep us posted!

Aundrea said...

Glad Ryan is enjoying the MTC. I hear that missionaries either love it or hate it and can't wait to get to their areas. Your pictures of the other odds and ends going on looked good...especially the chicken pot pie! Logan was just asking if I would make that the other night.

Shannon b said...

glad to hear Ryan is doing well.
And the pot pie looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

That's great that Ryan is happy and enjoying his mtc experience. I can only image what a ride that must all be.

Nicole said...

I enjoyed the email you sent from Ryan. Especially the part when Pres. Hinckley's son says that when someone complains about being tired, his dad says, "How old are you?".

Jodi said...

The pot pie looks soooo good! Thanks for the update on Ryan. It is fun to hear how he is doing. Keep us posted.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Marie, I love the dalias, they are one of my most favorite flowers. You have been a busy girl between the painting, baking, keeping up with kids and presenting a wonderful lesson on sunday. You are amazing.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow, the bathroom looks great! we are getting excited to move into our new place and paint everything! lovely flowers, too!!