Saturday, September 8, 2007

Summer Highlights

School has started, the days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler, and the leaves are turning colors - it seems the lazy days of summer are behind us. Here are some of our family's highlights (in no particular order because I'm still trying to figure out how to control these pictures - I don't think it's supposed to be this difficult!)

Ryan received his mission call to the
California,San Fernando Spanish speaking

mission. We were able to go with him to
the temple for the first time on our 20th

anniversary. We enjoyed visiting with our
family who came from Idaho to be with us.







































We enjoyed summer theater this

year. Kyle, Megan, and I participated
in Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
Kyle was a villager and
a knife,
Megan was a wolf and fork. I was

a rehearsal pianist and I played the
synthesizer in the orchestra. We had
a great time - lots of hard work with
a fantastic result!
Caylin and Megan
also participated in the River City
Children's Theater.
They performed
in
The Secret Garden.








Ryan got to be a counselor at his favorite
running camp in the Steen's mountains.



























We enjoyed a
family camping
trip to Crow

Butte Park on
the Columbia
River.
















The weather was hot,
hot, hot!!! But the river
was cool.




































I love the beautiful sunny days and
the warm summer nights!


















We enjoyed the fireworks show
downtown on the 4th of July.











We sold our gas guzzlin' Suburban and got
a new car!





Ahhh...Summertime...and the livin' is easy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to say goodbye to summer, isn't it? But at the same time I just LOVE fall!!!

Paige said...

You have really had an eventful summer! It's fun to see the months laid out in picture form. Bring on fall!

Nicole said...

See how fun it is to document these things. It'll be great to have years of this journaling bound into a book. Blogs are great.

Aundrea said...

You guys had a busy summer! It will be nice to have a schedule for a while, then you'll be ready for another summer.

Tiffini said...

I am glad you are blogging now. It makes it easier for me to keep up on everyone!!

Shannon b said...

hey! I found your blog -- isn't it so fun?!

After reading all the stuff about Ryan out on his mission now, it made me think of my family (I have a brother serving in Brazil). My mom uses her blog to post little excerpts from his letters and the digital pictures that he forwards them. It's a nice way to see what's going on in his life.

I just love that there are so many ways that a blog can help people stay connected.

Welcome to the blogging world!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

I really love the picture of the two girls with the water behind them. So many colors in the picture. It really captured me and I had to look at it for a few minutes straight! Wow, Ryan is looking so handsome, love the running camp photos. I think he looks like his dad a little there.