Thursday, January 10, 2008

Decision 2008

No, It's not about the elections....It's what should we do about our trip plans. We have been planning a trip to Salt Lake City for Spring break and I've booked our hotel and talked to relatives we want to stop and see on the way--- and now, my brother is getting married the very next month in San Diego. Jeff and I thought we would just go and get away but now we're thinking maybe we should take the kids and go to SeaWorld, the Mormon Battalion Visitor's center (which is also playing the Joseph Smith movie), play on the beach, wedding stuff, etc. Aaaaaaannnnd - Caylin, with her big eyes, and tilted head said, "I've never been on a plane. Everyone in the family has but me. I've never been to California. Everyone in the family has but me."
What to do????? If we take everyone to CA, I'm thinking we should cancel UT and the ID reception (and maybe my fence this year!) I know I would enjoy SeaWorld a lot more with kids, and the girls really would love to see the happy couple at the temple - the castle temple no less.
So, I guess I need to figure out if it's a better value to find all the deals myself or ask a travel agent?
This isn't such a horrible problem to have - we'll have a fun trip to look forward to whichever way we go!

8 comments:

Shannon b said...

ooo, tough choice. But if it were me I would probably pick the San Diego trip. How many times do you get such a great excuse to take a vacation to southern California? And the opportunity to have your kids see someone get married in the temple -- always a good thing. Again (just my humble opinion), Utah will always be there.
As for booking it yourself or a travel agent -- I've got no clue.
Have fun planning!

Rochelle said...

I second the vote for San Diego! And I cannot believe you have never been on an airplane! WOW!

Aundrea said...

My vote is for Cali! And, speaking from experience...I would plan it yourself unless you have a friend in the business or something:) We almost got taken for a major ride with a travel agent when we were planning a family reunion to Hawaii and planned it ourself at the last minute and saved about 10 grand!

Nicole said...

My vote is for you to take the kids and go to San Diego. Your girls & Kyle are almost all grown up. Pretty soon they will all be too busy with life to go on a family vacation. They would have a blast and think of the memories you can all share! I want to come.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

take the whole family...you won't regret it. you never know which family trip will be the "best ever" in kids' minds till after it happens.

Jodi said...

oooooo...fun decision to have to make! My vote is for the family trip. The kids grow up WAY too fast and this will be a memory you can talk about as a family for YEARS to come :)

Kelli said...

That is a tough decision. We had a blast in San Diego this fall, but I know in a month we will also have fun in Salt Lake. If only we had enough money to go on trips whenever & wherever!

Anonymous said...

San Diego!!! I have been dying to take my kids to Sea World.