Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ward Picnic Pasta Salad

I've had a recipe request for the pasta salad that I brought to the ward picnic.

PASTA SALAD
d' jour:
  • 1 16 oz. pkg tricolor bow tie pasta, cooked and rinsed with cold water.
  • 2 chicken breasts cut in small cubes and cooked in a skillet with coconut oil (it's in a jar and solid at room temp) and seasoned with S&P to taste and Pampered Chef Jamaican Jerk Rub
  • about 1/3 cup each of chopped red and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and green onion
  • I used Ken's Steak House Lite Caesar Dressing and Marinade (a lot of times I use the Northern Italian), a little squeeze of Ranch dressing, and about 1/2 tsp. of Mrs. Renfro's Green Chile salsa (I use this a lot in cooking for just a little flavor enhancing or for more kick) for the sauce mix.
  • Since the Jamaican Jerk Rub has a hint of sweet to it, I added a pinch of brown sugar.
  • About 1/4 c shredded parmesan cheese.
Mix it all together, sprinkle a little more shredded parmesan and pepper on top to garnish.

4 comments:

Paige said...

That was so yummy! Thanks for letting us benefit from your experiments and for posting the recipe!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

ok, so you've had a million posts since I last checked your blog! For some reason, the link to your blog was missing on my blog, so I wasn't seeing it and checking your blog--sorry! I fixed it now though. Anyway, congrats with the track awards, that is awesome, and sounds like the mission is going great. i still can't believe my cousin has a missionary son--crazy!! i can't wait to see you guys in august, it's coming so soon!!!!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Marie, that was SO good. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! I will be trying this for sure.