Article of Faith #5
Jeff was called to be our new Stake President today. It has been an incredible two days. I am still digesting the whole process...we feel very humbled, and blessed.
Small world in the church...My sister from Lewiston, ID found out before I called her because their friends from Astoria were visiting today and they got the word from home!
We got a call from Ryan this evening because his mission president's brother is in our stake and called to let him know. Ryan got a call from his President that he needed to call home...it was nice to talk to him.
I remember a particular time just 6 months ago when Jeff was called to be the Bishop of our ward- it was before he was sustained and just after we found out that he would need to take over the business he was managing. I was driving and by myself. I was trying to organize my feelings and was wondering, anxiously, about how everything was going to work out. I remember the distinct thought that came to my mind: "I trust him, and you can too." Then I felt an instant peace. So I decided not to worry and just move forward. Then in our interview last night, Elder Jones asked if I would support my husband in a calling as the stake president. My initial surprise was almost immediately replaced with a calm assurance, a confirmation that this is the right thing at the right time. I thought about those instances last night as we listened to Elder Jones speak about revelation. I am greatful for the opportunity to support Jeff in this calling. My testimony has been strengthened as I have been able to participate in this inspired order of events. Even though Jeff's time as Bishop has been short, I know this is the right thing now and that he has the right counselors.
We love Pres. Thomas and we will miss him.
17 comments:
Wow! What a great adventure your husband, and family, is setting out on. He will be a great Stake President and he is lucky to have such a supportive wife and family!
I feel like our Stake is in VERY capable hands! Though I will miss having him as Bishop.
Just wanted to tell you how excited we were to hear the news about your husband. WOW! He will do a wonderful job and how blessed your family will be! Congratulations!
When they said his name yesterday I just felt total agreement. He will do a wonderful job. And it is a great testiment to the strength of your marriage and family that Heavenly Father knows he can put this extra responsibility on his shoulders and that everything will still be okay on the homefront. And he picked FABULOUS counselors. Having worked with both of them these past six months in the stake YW, they are humble, dedicated, spiritual men who will serve him well. We as a family look forward to supporting you in your new adventures!
that is wonderful! and i love the photo of Jeff, did you take it?
what a wonderful adventure for your family! He will be a fabulous SP. We were so surprised to hear his name called on Sunday, but so sure that he is the right man to do the job.
I read this and I started to cry- I must be having one of those days- but I am taken away- the little I know of Jeff he was such a man of honor and peace- always smiling-
so good luck to the family. I hope you will still get to see your husband every now and then- I am by far way too high maintaince I think- to have my husband gone all the time- I would have to pray pray pray for patience and love- and a testimony of his calling. By 5 o'clock every day I am practically waiting by the door so Chay can take over being the parent. I need a break every now and then!
Marie- this is so neat. oh boy. Now people are going to be looking up to you too! GUILT!! just kidding- now you will probably be speaking more at firesides and doing more...
way to further the work. Congrats.
Does Jeff still play basketball every now and then?
You will both do great! We will miss him as our bishop, too, but know he will do a great job!
My my, isn't that a nice picture! I recognized it right away :) It's one of the ones we took on the rocks, right?
When Todd told me the news yesterday I just felt so relieved, knowing that someone I support so much was chosen for this role of much needed leadership. I sustain him 100%. I am going to miss President Thomas, but I know that your dear husband will do an amazing job. And you will be in my prayers too, knowing that it takes a strong family to support this calling. And as hard as it will be a times, I trust that you and the kids will be just fine :)
By the way, I *love* your quote up top. So true. This matter has been on my mind a lot lately, and I love the perspective this quote gives on some frustrations I have. I'll have to print this one out.
Big hugs to you during this time of many emotions I'm sure :) So happy for you guys!
Great Job, Jeff and what an elect lady you too are Marie. What a great growing opportunity for your family.
Last Fall our Bishop got called to be the SP and we called him the Bishident for a while as he was both for 1 month. He stood up the Next sunday and said you are probably wondering how your Bishop and Stake President can be the same person I wonder the same thing myself.
His Parents are from somewhere there in Oregon. What stake are you guys in?
Have a great time and we will hope to see you next weekend. I went to work today for the first time today. I did alright I was really tired.
Things are well.
Love and Prayers
Lisa
Marie, I just really can't articulate my feelings. How wonderful to see the gospel in action. I felt the spirit so powerfully yesterday and was touch by your comments and experiences. How wonderful to get to talk with Ryan and share this experience as a family. Our prayers are with each of you as you embark on this journey together and most assuredly you have our sustaining vote.
Your post brought tears to my eyes. Watching Megan and Hannah grow with Tresa over the last four years has been such a great experience. I have always believed they have been brought up by great parents with firm foundations in the gospel. I've been so impressed by how apparent the spirit is in these 2 girls, I know it comes from wonderful homes. I'm thrilled to have these amazing men as fathers of our stake.
Everyone has already expressed what I was going to say! I am sure he will be wonderful and you will all be blessed by this calling. I am glad you were able to receive an immediate confirmation that you could all do this.
Wow, Marie. What a life-changing time this will be. The Lord will bless your family. When I am feeling alone without my husband, I'll think of you and be comforted.
Congrats Jeff (and family). It doesn't surprise us as we know how wonderful you guys are. Your family will be so blessed as you bless the lives of the families in your stake. We miss you and think about you often. God bless.
As a family, we feel so blessed to know that such a wonderful man of God will be leading our stake. And so thankful for his willingness to serve. We are wishing you all good luck and will keep you in our prayers as you embark on this new adventure.
Much love.
Wonderful news about your husband being called as Stake President. He will be a wonderful Stake President.
Post a Comment