This is a week of changes, and 'new beginnings', like Bishop mentioned on Sunday.
We took Ryan to the airport yesterday. It was an interesting feeling - on the one hand, this is exciting. It is one important milestone that we have looked forward to for a long time, but there is an empty spot that I'm working on processing.

Last year, when he left for school, it was definitely a change for our family, but we talked to him that night and almost daily during the past year... I sure wanted to be a fly on the wall at the MTC last night to check in on my boy!
Megan and Caylin started school yesterday. They were both pleased with their classes and their day. (When Megan was describing Caylin's teacher to her on the way to school, she said that she was "old like Mom - not real old just kind of middle" - I'm not sure what to think about that!)
Kyle started school today - he really wanted to be driving himself to school but the DMV is booked out for quite a while and his test isn't until Oct. 5 - so look out for Kyle after that!
And - I've got my own changes going on. I just said goodbye to my boss and the office that I've been at for the last 4 1/2 years. I have worked for Dr. Valachi as a dental assistant since March 2003. I went from 4 days to 2 days last year, at my request, with the agreement that if the person coming to job share with me wanted full time I would find something else.
So that's what happened. I've been transitioning out for the past 2 months - 1 day at my old job and 1 day at Dr. VanGordon's. He had a Thursday available for me and I'm filling in for a maternity leave at that office starting next week. So after that ends in Dec. I'm not sure what lies ahead. Certainly some adventure.
One of the great constants in this life is definitely change!
7 comments:
I love your blog!! I'll add your link to my page so I can check in with what you are up to! Thanks for sharing!
It looks like you've already gotten the hang of this! Your blog looks great!
I love it! It looks great. And what a good-looking family you guys are :) Congrats on getting Ryan off to the MTC!!! I'm sure he'll be fine and serve with all his heart. You guys are doing a great job raising your kids, and I so hope that one day I am blogging about my boys going to the MTC, too!
It is great to read about your family updates! I had not realized that Ryan had already gone into the MTC... You have a Beautiful family! They are so talented, great personalities, and so fun to be around!
Thank you for sharing, I will come back often for updates, and showing off my awesome nephew's, and nieces!
Love you guys!
Naomi
Your page looks great! And WTG getting Ryan off on a mission. I can't imagine how weird that must feel, but know that both of you will be blessed during these two years. And I love the family picture! I'm glad you got that done before he left. Welcome to the blogging world!
How much fun it's going to be for you to be in the blogging community now! Your page looks great. Hats off to Shannon for taking such great family pictures of you guys.
Wow, your birds are starting to leave the nest. I know that Ryan will do great, he has such charisma, I'm sure that he will go down in history as the missionary who brings the most converts into the church!
Post a Comment