Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ryan Update



Ryan's having a great time at the MTC.
Some fun notes from his last 2 letters:

"My district is a pretty musical group so we've been rewriting songs and recording them and then sending them to Elder Norton's 18 yr. old sister. You guys are probably going to tell me that I shouldn't do that but it's OK, we wrote and recorded them on P-Day while we were doing laundry...this place is pretty crazy. It's a bunch of college freshmen/sophomores so what do you expect?"


"I'm so glad I'm here. There is nowhere else I would rather be. As sad as it is to be caged into a one acre lot, with beautiful mountains all around me that I really want to climb, and the BYU campus right across the street that I'd love to explore, I wouldn't trade this opportunity for anything."

"I am having a great time reading the Book of Mormon. It's the first time I've gotten this much out of it. I had no clue there was such a strong gospel message in the stories of Moroni and Helaman. I just thought it was a cool war story. Now I realize all the humility and prayer that led to their success. I'd even have to say it's better than Harry Potter."

"This week was incredible. Where else would I have the opportunity to watch the Joseph Smith movie, listen to and stand at the feet of an apostle of God (M. Russell Ballard) , bear my testimony in Spanish, and then end the week by going to the temple."

Ahhh...just the stuff parents love to hear!

7 comments:

Shannon b said...

how awesome! I bet that makes you feel so good.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that gave me goose bumps. I so hope that I am in your shoes one day reading the same sort of things from my boys. How incredible that he has such a strong testimony!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Paige said...

Sounds like he is doing great! His mind and heart are in the right place. He will be a great missionary!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

sounds like he's doing great. i can imagine how tempting it might be to want to get outside and explore the beautiful country there in Provo and check out the campus at BYU. tell him we said hi!!

Jodi said...

I love hearing about Ryan. It sounds like he is doing great! Keep the updates coming :)

The Maddens said...

Great post Marie, I really enjoyed it. It made me think of all the good times I had in the MTC.

sheila said...

I'm so proud for you! I cna't wait to hear more as he carries on with his mission. He's going to come back to a whole new ward with all of the babies being born! (And then his age group is going to make all of us feel old by them becoming parents!)