
For dinner we had roast beef and I also tried a stuffed pork loin. It turned out great! We had steamed broccoli and a variety of sparkling ciders. Traditional Apple and also Pear, Blueberry, Strawberry, and Cranberry. Then after talking to Ryan we had Grandma's key lime pie! We enjoyed spending time together, playing new games (like UNO ATTACK and LAST WORD), eating lots of good food, and the highlight for us this year was talking to Ryan.

He is enjoying his mission. On the back of this picture Ryan wrote, "the district in the desert". He is serving in the Mojave desert right now. I'll post some more of Ryan's pictures once I get my scanner working again...so they're not blurry like this...
Ryan said that he needed two traditions to really feel like it was Christmas. Oyster stew - we sent him a can which he heated up and ate - much to the dismay of his companion and the other 2 elders in their apt. (quite the powerful smell!) The other tradition is the Eggnog 400 relay - which he introduced where he is,and his mission president gave him permission to participate because he ran it with an investigator! Silly kid!
On the spiritual side of things he is really looking forward to next Friday when a couple he has been working with will be married at 5:00 so they can be baptized at 5:30!
9 comments:
wow, I love the slide show! The food looked good, too!!
What a great picture!
Great picture of Ryan and the group. Im glad your Christmas was good! Enjoy your New Years Eve!
It was a great Christmas!! Thanks for all the wonderful food :)
The food sounds awesome! I'm glad you had fun!
the girls look so cute with their little shuffles! I have the "old" version from a few years back, so I'm jealous of their colorful ones.
Glad to hear that Ryan is doing so well. And the mojave dessert -- he better be thankful that he's there in december and not in july! I was there once (on a road trip) at 10am and it was already 110 degrees.
As icky as oyster stew sounds, I think it is fantastic that you have so much extended family close by to have those traditions. It sounds like a great Christmas and Ryan looks great!
It sounds like you had a great Christmas filled with many family traditions! I really enjoy reading about Ryan's mission...the couple getting married and then baptised is AWESOME. Ryan is involved in such a wonderful work!
How fun that you got to talk to Ryan!!! Thanks for sharing so much of his mission with all of us. It's always fun to read about his experiences.
Sounds like you had a Merry Christmas! And like Paige said, how great that you get to spend so many special times and traditions with each other...even if their are some less than appetizing things on the menu :) What you made sure sounded delicious though!
Happy New Year, Marie!!!
Post a Comment