Saturday, December 22, 2007

Let It Grow, Let It Grow, Let It Grow

I was just thinking of a twist on a familiar Christmas tune....
It could be my theme song! I went and got a great haircut yesterday. It's my 5th since November 10th. . .
Haircut #1: I couldn't reach Dana and I needed a trim and wanted some long random layers -a little more movement. My hair was finally just below my shoulders (a major milestone for me) and I liked it - but it was feeling just a bit scraggely. So I got an appt. with someone else in town. After the cut, the basic length was the same but the back middle was like the start of a different haircut and it didn't blend and I couldn't work with it. After the second day I was pretty sure I would need to cut it back off and start over. After a week I couldn't take it - I called Nicole for intervention but she wasn't home.
Haircut #2: So I got out the scissors and cut a couple of inches off the bottom.
Haircut #3: I did finally reach Dana and she said she needed to take off another 1-2 inches and then blend it a little. She suggested to just let it grow out for a while.
Haircut #4: The back still was not hanging right and it was a bit of a fight - I have strong wave patterns in the back creating definite directional pulls. I got out the scissors and brought up the center of the back line, also the thinning shears to break up some of the pull.
Haircut #5: Rochelle took me with her to see Liz yesterday. I gave her the short version of my hair saga and asked her to basically clean it up and leave it a slight A-line. I must not be as clear in my communication 'under the scissors' because my crown layers are shorter than I wanted and I didn't want the layers brought up around my face....I don't recall mentioning those things specifically to her (I will next time!)... But, it's a great cut - I can definitely work with it and I won't have to fight with it. (By the way, Liz called my wave patterns cowlicks - that sounds even more stubborn!) Thanks, Rochelle for taking me with you. It was a fun day!


Moral of the story:
You wear your hair everyday - it needs to work for you!


Here are the self photo results:
Smoothed down.......................................................... Flipped out

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

very cute! The flipped out version is very fun!

Nicole said...

I like the color. The style looks great.

Aundrea said...

It looks really good! I meant to tell you that at church, but I think I was running after Bronson or something:)

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

i like both! at first i liked the curved in hair style, but they are both really cute on you!