
It was great to talk to Ryan on Mother's Day. He and his companion, Elder Carter, have been working hard with the members and doing a lot of service. They've been able to do some service with the local HS track team. It was fun for both of them since Elder Carter is a runner, too.
A funny story from last month:
Thanks for the dinero. I needed some new pants. I jumped over a fence and ripped them pretty bad....dogs are scary. We were walking into a gate to knock on a door and then I saw Elder Carter freeze and I didn't know why but I just kept going to the door to knock it. Well apparently there was a pit bull that I didn't see sleeping underneath the tree. Elder Carter turned around assuming I saw it, and I knocked on the door. Well that woke it up and it wasn't too happy. And So now I was stuck between the pit bull and the gate. Elder Carter was very smug to watch on the other side of the gate with the dog growling at me. So I took off for the opposite side of the fence and steeple chased it... sorta. Now I know why runners wear such short shorts. They don't want to snag a pant leg on a hurdle or something like that and face plant on the other side ripping their uniform all the way up to the knee. Elder Carter thought it was pretty funny, and I guess I do too now that I haven't been eaten.
7 comments:
What a funny story! I'm glad he didn't get eaten too:)
such great pictures!
My brother (currently in Brazil) has a picture of holes in his white shirt from a dog attack. I think it only got the shirt -- no skin.
And the digging the hole picture looks totally like the movie "Holes." :)
I could never deal well with the whole dog thing! So many people would go un-visited simply because of a barking dog in my path! Sad, but true. I'm a total wheeny around barking dogs!
And I was thinking the exact same thing as Shannon, about the big hole he dug!
That's why decided to dig the hole - to be like Stanley Yelnats - because they live out in the desert and were bored on a P-day!
Marie hello. I was looking through my past blog comments and found yours. I did not realize that it was you. Of course I remember you. It looks like your family is doing well. It was fun to see your pictures on your blog. Your family is growing up. I cant beleive Ryan is on a mission. Boy time does fly. Where are you at now? Are you still in Oregon? I think about you two every time Keith and I go on vacation. I think or wish I could find some young couple to watch our kids.
Anyway its good hear from you. I love this blog stuff. Isnt it fun! Take care.
Funny story! Very glad he survived. Missionaries have a special protection around them, don't they?
Fun to see pictures of Ryan. Glad to hear he doing well.
Post a Comment