This summer is going by fast and I haven't even been to the pool yet! It's a good thing we got that family summer swim pass...at least the girls are using it. We have a busy August planned. We have family from California coming next week. They sing in the Temple Hill Choir from Oakland and they are doing a tour. They will be performing for our stake on August 8 at the Longview Stake center. It will be a musical fireside, "Where Jesus Walked". I'm looking forward to that. The next week Jeff and I are going to Phantom of the Opera and that weekend we are having a YW beach retreat at my boss's beach house, the next weekend we are going back to the beach with my work - I'm going to miss the RS retreat but I'm hoping to catch the winter one...then get ready for school!!
We all got a few bug bites from the trek, but Kyle got a couple in his armpit - maybe spider bites. They ended up getting infected and he had 2 walnut sized lesions. I took him in to the Dr. and he had to have them incised and drained. The Dr. told him he could yell but he couldn't move! Well he did just that. He was pretty embarrassed because the whole waiting room probably heard him when he let out a couple of hollers - but I told him he did great. And...he didn't even pass out! This is huge progress for Kyle, my needle-phobic kid. He was put on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics and had to have his wounds repacked a couple of times, but he's pretty much back to normal now!
The girls were in for their hygiene appts. yesterday and Aunt Joyce got to clean their teeth. Caylin's top teeth are starting to come back in...remember the 'beaver look' she sported for a while...well Joyce noticed that the teeth coming in next to the centrals looked like canine teeth....we did a panoramic film and discovered that she's congenitally missing her lateral incisors - which means... ortho to move the canines back to position, hanging a couple of fake laterals on brackets, completing ortho, and then wearing a retainer with the lateral teeth on them until she's 18 and ready for implants... so we're in for an adventure. Good thing I'm in dentistry!
4 comments:
I'm glad you were able to figure out how to do the backgrounds. It sounds like you have had a busy summer. Hopefully Kyle is doing better.
yay!! we're coming to see you guys. i know what you mean about needing to be in the pool. i feel the same way--summer has flown by. where did it go!!
Walnut sized bug bites? I would have hollered LOUD, too!! Poor guy. And sorry to hear about Kaylin's teeth. It is a good thing you are in dentistry...you can talk her through the whole process. Good luck.
Yes, it's good that Kaylin has you for a mom to help her through all that, I hope it all turns out okay. Bailey has to have surgery on his mouth next year for that third front tooth of his. And wow, that bug bite Kyle got sounds awful!!!
Post a Comment