"I'm training. My companion's name is Elder Austin. He has a real desire to serve which is just what I want in a comp. His Spanish is not so hot but he has the spirit. We had an amazing week. I'm learning a ton. I've been studying the Christlike Attributes section a lot in Preach My Gospel and that has helped me. It's kind of amusing for the most part to watch Elder Austin trying to do all of these things, but every once in a while I find myself getting a bit impatient, so I read in PMG, and it helps me . But like I said for the most part, it's amusing.
Elder Austin is so excited about things. He's the perfect example of hope. Training was just what I needed right now. It's gotten me really excited about the work again. Not that I wasn't excited, just that I'd lost that super strong desire like everyone has in the MTC. But it's back. I feel as green as ever."
"Dad, you told me that birthdays on the mission are uneventful. You lied. I had an amazing day yesterday. I got to baptize Enrique and Elder Austin baptized Nuvia. It was awesome!
And then after the baptism they held a birthday party for me at their house. I, personally, thought it was the best birthday ever, so no complaints here."
"I woke up Saturday morning really excited because Elder Dixon was coming back to visit along with his family and they were taking us out to lunch. So the day started off awesome! And then we went back to the apartment and I went to show Elder Dixon around and then was like, "Hey remember this guy?", as I pointed to the balcony at where I thought my bike was...well, Elder Dixon gave me a really funny look and asked me what I was talking about. So then I took a real look and realized my bike was gone. I went out to investigate. I looked down 2 stories and saw a ladder, my helmet, and my bike lock...Somebody had put a ladder up to our balcony, climbed, it and had taken the bike, and it looked like they were in a big hurry to leave because they left the ladder, helmet, and lock. Welcome to the Suburbs of L.A., where crime and violence are an every day way of life."
"This morning I ran laps around the apartment for 20 minutes, and then did a good ab workout. When everyone crawled out of bed they were a little miffed, but oh well. Elder Norton, one of our roommates is training this transfer so who knows, maybe I'll have someone to run with for the next six weeks."
4 comments:
the pictures of Elder Austin & Ryan's description of him totally makes me think of the movie The Best Two Years. Have you seen it? A good missionary movie.
Bummer his bike got stollen! But I'm glad he had such a great birthday. I love that you share these letters with us.
ok, so the moment i saw your pictures, i realized Ryan looks exactly like your husband. now that i've had the opportunity to spend some time with you guys, i definitely see major resemblance. i think it's cool they look so similar! different hair colors, but their face and body type seems very similar. yay! he'll be home in a year :)
I can't believe Ryan got his bike stollen from off of his balcony. That is seriously crazy! What a bummer.
It sounds like he had an amazing birthday with a couple of baptisms and a party! So cool.
I love hearing about his mission. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Post a Comment