Spider angioma meet V-Beam! Click here for more info.
Not so pretty...and look at those clogged pores, I may need to schedule for a facial peel also!) My little off centered spider angioma has hopefully met it's match. I first noticed this spot last spring and was concerned it might be a skin cancer spot. I made an appointment with a dematologist and had a full body scan last fall. That was interesting - strip down and put on a paper gown, then be inspected head to toe while the Dr. rattles off unfamiliar words for various characteristic markings.
Moral of the story: spider angiomas are benign, sometimes brought on by hormonal changes, some go away after a time, some don't. Mine didn't, and the V-Beam laser was one of my options. So after about a week this acute bruising should fade and then we'll give it a little time and see if one treatment was enough.
6 comments:
I get a cluster of new moles every pregnancy...I swear a couple more kids and my face might turn into one big mole...
the V-beam??? My dermotologist said there was no laser option to remove moles....hmmmm now I am interested in what might be available...she told me all I could do was cut out the moles which leave a scar...
well...the spot is sort of cute...and it could be much worse...it could be the size of a quarter or something. LOL
That full body scan sounds ... scary! Glad you are on the mend.
I hope it works! Hang in there!
I've got a few moles that really need to be looked at, so that full body scan may be in my future!
I hope the treatment works!
The V-beam...sounds like it did the trick!
Oh I hope it all worked out well! I have never heard of the v-beam . . . technology just blows my mind these days.
Post a Comment