Megan, Laura, and Steven
Our view of the Golden Gate Bridge from Ghirardelli Square.
A life like creature from the Rain Forest Cafe. This guy moved his head down just as we were ready to walk under - a little startling. (Although he didn't get me as bad as the "bush man" did!)
From our hike at Pacifica.
San Fransisco
Tree lined streets in S.F. and the girls at Turtle Bay Museum in Redding.
more Pacifica
Relaxing under the umbrella with our shades and 55 block on!
David- Thursday night after I gave him his first haircut, and Alyssa and Laura saying goodbye on Friday.
So we were supposed to go hiking in Muir Woods - the coastal redwoods and it just started pouring rain on Friday. We drove over there but weren't set up for a hike in the rain and we headed for home. We decided to break up the trip and stay in Redding. My cousins helped me find a hotel on Priceline - it was a little hectic for me. I like to have a little more control - but it ended up OK.
Look at those raindrops on the windshield! We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Redding. It quit raining for about an hour so the kids played in the pool and soaked in the jacuzzi.
Caylin looks like she's walking on water. Kyle just 'chillin' in the hot soak!
Me and Aunt Claire
Kyle goofing off with Angela and Michael; a rest stop on the Klamath River on our way home.
Lunch break at the Klamath River rest stop just before the Oregon border. It was a really pretty spot.
A family portrait with the timer.
We had a good trip. I'm proud of myself for driving down on my own. Our Garmin GPS that the girls named PAM (Personal Assistant Map) gave me confidence and only tried to lead us astray once when she told us to turn right - off a cliff - but immediatley said "Recalculating, continue...") We were on a really windy road - I think she got confused!
I'm looking forward to the next trip to California in about 4 months when Jeff and I go to pick up Ryan!
8 comments:
oh, sorry your hike got rained out!
and how exciting that you get to pick up Ryan in a few months!
Wow! It looks like you packed a lot into your week. Looks like you had a lot of fun. It is always nice to get away for a few days.
I'm glad you all enjoyed your trip, it looked like a blast!
thanks for cutting david's hair!! he looks so cute. guess what--he started walking yesterday! you can see the video on my blog. too bad you guys didn't get to stay just a little longer. we want to come up your way again. hope you come back here again, too!
Great photos. Looks like a fun trip.
These pictures look even better big-size! Thanks for your tips about choosing a camera . . . though I think the quality of your pictures has as much to do with your good eye as anything else!
Those pictures look awesome it is great that you had a lot of fun. I would love to go sometime and to meet the California relatives, the last time I saw Aunt Claire was her wedding day and I have never met any of her children. I would love to meet them but I have been connected to them through the blogs. It has been great. Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for sharing.
Love you muchly.
Lisa.
PS I just updated our blogs so you can have a peek
Looks like a fun trip! Rob, Kaylyn and I went to San Francisco last September for soccer. We had a great time touring the city and bay. We went on the jet boat tour of the bay and loved it! I can't believe Ryan will be home in four months! He will have to look up Lexi at BYU! :)
Post a Comment