
Good bye grandpa
We will miss you
We will miss you lining us up to take pictures, at church...at family birthday parties...at the park for a photo shoot...in your backyard with the dinner plate dahlias...with your latest woodworking project
We will miss your loud whispers in church and your spontaneous comments in class
We will miss the stories of your younger years, of family vacations and the war years
We will miss having you over for dinner, making sure the carrots in the salad are grated rather than cut and no nuts
We will remember your dedication to your country, your family, to your faith
We will remember your love of photography and cherish the memories we have that are captured on film
We will remember the many, many, letters you have written to many, many missionaries from our ward
We will remember the example of endurance that you set for us as you attended your church meetings and fulfilled your callings to the very end
We will remember
So, good bye for now
James Patrick Madden
November 2, 1918 - June 3, 2009
14 comments:
Oh, Marie. That was such a sweet dedication. :) The plan of salvation is so wonderful. As is the comfort of knowing that he is happy now and that we will get to see him again. Let me know if your family needs any help with any funeral needs.
What a great show of love you just paid to him! We will miss him and his cute smile at church. We would love to help out with anything you need as well.
What a sweet man, he will be missed!
I'm more than happy to help with anything the family needs - let me know.
(teary-eyed-sniff-sniff)
I will miss him! What a sweet tribute this was ... very touching, Marie.
I would be happy to help your family in whatever way I can.
Though I know he is missed, I know he must be full of joy to be reunited with his dear wife. He has been a great example of endurance. I can only hope to endure old age with all its discomforts and pains as well as he did.
_Todd
What a loving tribute! I love that picture of your girls with him. He was one of the first people to greet us when we moved here. He dragged us out to take our picture. What a special man.
Marie, I'm sorry for your loss.
What a sweet tribute to such a sweet man. His memory will definately endure... fast sunday won't be the same without him. We would would love to help.
Well said! He was such a sweet man and will be missed! BUT...I am so happy for him and the sweet reunion he is having with his beloved wife!
Any help needed? Please call.
We will miss seeing him and hearing his testimony. I'm so glad he's with his sweetheart.
Oh how sweet, he was such a good man. You did so much for him. Happy Birthday Jeff.
He will be missed deeply. Tell Gma and Gpa Waite that we send our love to the whole family.
So sad to hear of his passing. The times we have been in your ward we loved hearing his comments...what a sweetheart! Your family should be so proud to have had such a great example in your lives.
I was saddened to hear about his passing. We used to visit with him regularly when Casey was over Singles and they held activities and firesides up at our house. He was always such a pleasant man.
(He also took the one photo I really like of myself - post-children - over at McCormick during a church picnic.)
It's wonderful that all of you were able to be so close around him even to the end. What a blessing. But I'm sorry for your loss now.
Post a Comment