Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grandpa's funeral and Ryan pictures


We are so grateful for all of the support from so many people as we said good-bye to a "pioneer", as Bro. Quinn expressed. Grandpa's funeral was very nice. He really set a good example for us with his faithful endurance, his strong work ethic and his service to others.
After the funeral there was a military graveside service with a gun salute. Kyle was a pall bearer and Jeff dedicated the grave.

This was a nice family picture of Jeff, his parents and siblings taken at the cemetary.

I haven't posted missionary updates for a while. Here's a group of good looking young men!

Ryan with the Novak kids. They are a family in his area that has 'adopted' him!

I guess they are out tracting!

I have no idea...

Ryan's old MTC companion, Elder Satuala

I don't know what is going on here...a zone meeting in the desert, maybe...but I liked the picture!
Only 3 more months and Ryan can tell us all about these pictures. I'm starting to get a little trunky!

3 comments:

April said...

Marie, I can't believe Joette fell for the marker story! I don't think I could let a kid convince me of that...but it makes me giggle- because that is such a typical thing for Joette to believe and say. I love Joette. So sincere. She is dating someone right now! I think he might be the one!

I am finding the social network thing to be a little disturbing lately- something doesn't feel right about it. Have you heard Elder Bednars CES fireside "Things as they really are"? You almost quoted that talk word for word in your comment on my blog so I was wondering if you have read it or not- it is so powerful. I have read it like 10 times this past week- I have learned so much more about the importance of the body, interaction with real people in real places, and how Satan will do anything to numb us from this earthly experience.

I am sorry to hear about your son. Lot's of prayers and hopefully a miracle will come out of it all. Bryon was our miracle.

-it is a fight out there...it really is...we are doing the best we can...hmmm...this who internet thing is just so interesting- I am going to have to really make some hardcore computer rules in my home...including rules I have to follow!

Michelle said...

Thanks for adding those missionary photos, so fun to see. That last one is really wonderful.

Lorna said...

Wow, just 3 more months till he comes home-that must be exciting for you. Wonder what it would be like to come home to your father being Stake President. I'm happy for you that Ryan's coming home soon:).