Caylin is a crack up sometimes. She can be pretty focused and serious. (Jeff says she gets it from her mother!) We are working on Ryan's housing for BYU and I had left a message with a guy who is selling his contract. I had somewhere to be for the evening and I let Jeff know that the guy would call back and then I left. So the guy called back and Caylin answered the phone. Her end of the conversation went something like this:
"Hello....uh, I think you probably have the wrong number....uh huh...."
Jeff whispers, "Caylin who is it?"
Caylin puts her hand out like she's stopping traffic, as if to say, 'I got it, Dad. I can handle this.'
"...I don't think so...well, we just wouldn't be interested in anything like that..."
Click - she hangs up on him.
Jeff asks, "So who was that?"
Caylin, "Just some guy selling contracts. I told him we didn't need any."
Jeff called the guy back, asked him if he had a little sister, and took care of things; then Megan and Jeff had a pretty good laugh.
In Caylin's defense, she thought she was dealing with a young - thinks he's cool solicitor. She said, "well, he asked if there was a Waite dude..."
If he would have used better phone manners she may have given him a chance to explain!
That's my girl!
5 comments:
That's so funny! I'll have to have her give my kids some tips, they think it's rude not to try and help solicitors out.
That's a funny story. We have had a few phone mishaps with our kids.
Funny!
That's a great story! Very funny! Can't believe Ryan's going to be home soon!
What a great picture your wrods make - the capable little hand signalling STOP while her dad hovers over, whispering!
Post a Comment