Saturday, July 11, 2009

preparing for girls camp

How do you prepare for girl's camp if you're the cook?






A lot of planning...lists...calculating...searching the ads...enlisting the aid of the local produce managers...many trips to the big stores...a capable committee...dragging your children with you to help with the shopping and to write things down while you drive as you think of something else...testing out the menu choices on your family...a field trip to the camp kitchen...recalculating... overfilling my car and having to be rescued in the Costco parking lot (Just because I have room for it doesn't mean I won't bottom out with the weight - thanks, Tamera!)...lots and lots of food everywhere!

7 comments:

Elder Caleb Habel said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You camp cooks are AWESOME! I hope you are able to get a day of rest before the fun begins. Thank you for all you have done, are doing and have yet to do to keep these girls fed.

Shannon b said...

wow. That is all I have to say. You ladies are so on top of things - I can't even imagine the planning that goes into cooking for 100 girls for a week! I know that everything is going to be wonderful! Can't wait to pull up a seat in your kitchen!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow. now that's a LOT of food. was it enough?

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a job. You will be such a good cook people will never forget. I hope you have enough food.

The Plumbs said...

Marie - you are the WOMAN!!! That's one calling that I would not look forward to. That's great you got Ryan's housing taken care of. Lexi will be in Windsor Park. It looks like it is on the opposite side of campus from Ryan. :( We'll still have to make sure they connect and say hi. :)

Emma J said...

So grateful to you and the others who have already put so much into camp this year! You're amazing.

~Mama Lisa~ said...

Marie, you will do awesome!!! That is a lot of food however but you are going to be feeding some 200 girls. How lucky they are. I just got home from camp and it was fun,
Lisa