Caylin had her 1st basketball game last week. It was an away game on the coast, so I didn't make it. When we picked her up from the school that night. I asked how everything went, how she played, what she did...details... she told me that she made a few baskets and blocked a couple of shots. She was tired - it was 9:30. So when she got home from school the next day I got a little bit more out of her. Actually she made 6 baskets and was the top scorer for her team. She found that out when they made the morning announcements! She also told me that she knocked a girl in the head and sent her glasses flying when she went up for a rebound, and that she and another girl grabbed for the ball at the same time and Caylin won out, sending the other girl falling to the floor...
Wow - sounds a little aggressive! I asked her why she wasn't going after the ball like that in volleyball. She told me that it's not so much an active game - that you have to stand in one place... OK, well...
I'm looking forward to watching a game -this is Caylin's first time playing B-ball - maybe she'll want to pursue being a hoopster! I'm glad she's trying different sports.
Some other Caylin things - she has a bit of exercise induced asthma so she now has an inhaler, and she goes back to the orthodontist this week to see what we're going to do there. Her lower jaw has grown faster than her upper and she's got some possible skeletal issues going on there.
We lucked out on no ortho issues for the first 3 kids - now some fun with the last!
3 comments:
basketball is a GREAT sport! I hope she plays it for a long time :)
That is awesome, Jonathan wants to try all the sports this year is wrestling and then next year he informed me that it will be a basketball year. Go Caylin!~!!!
hey...i'm still waiting for you to update your blog!! you must be doing all kinds of cool stuff and not sharing it with me. hey now!
Post a Comment