Our menu this year:
Monday - Potato/Salad bar, carrot cake
Tuesday - pancakes, "hero sandwiches", Hawaiin Haystacks and brownies
Wednesday - breakfast burritos, bagel sandwiches, pulled pork, frozen fruit bars
Thursday - continental breakfast, Dutch oven lasagna, ham/potato casserole & banana bars
Friday - French toast, wraps, burrito bar and strawberry shortcake
Sat. morning - cont. breakfast and left over's from breakfast (breakfast burritos, French toast, sausage)
Tamera looking for instructions in THE BOOK.
I had a daily breakdown of the menu and schedule with recipes, what ingredients to pull out, quantities, helps, etc. It helped us stay organized and if anyone wanted to know what needed to be done, what's next, etc. it was all right there. Last year when I was in the middle of something and was asked, "what do you want me to do" I would say, "Look in the book..." This year they knew what to do!
And they did it... We did it! Many hands make light work.
Preparing fruit sundaes for the Stake Staff Tuesday night.
They were very good!
A super hero sack lunch for the Stake Staff and YCL's before the remaining campers arrived.
This was the only morning I had time to take pictures, the others I was scrambling. (food pun intended!)This is our continental breakfast spread.
It was an easy meal for us to get ready.
Last year a couple of girls from each camp level picked up their food and prepared and ate in their individual camps. This year the camp directors just wanted it all in the lodge.
Fresh baked cookies, Wednesday's afternoon snack.
We had extra helpers throughout the week and they were much appreciated!
Meal time!
On Thursday Bro. Jurgenson came and talked to the girls about Dutch oven cooking.
Each level prepared 3 Dutch oven lasagnas.
Caylin and Jaime with their YCL leader, Rachel looking on.
Some other silly girls I know and love - Megan, Tresa, and Becca.
Bro. J overseeing the cooking process.

Banana bars were back!
So was the burrito/taco bar from last year. A colorful mix of veggies for the fajitas.
Yum!
I'll post more pictures of people once I get some from Melinda, our camp historian...and the camp cookbook is in the works!
I think that says it all!
2 comments:
YUM...everything looks delicious!
the menu sounds deeeee-licious! Mmm, I want a fruit sundae! :) You ladies are so so so organized . . . in your preparation, assembly, and presentation. I really don't think that girls camp food gets better than this!
Post a Comment