1 more week until Girl's Camp! After having a near meltdown on Saturday, I'm happy to report that my brain is functioning again. My outside freezer, however, is not going to recover. It's dead and so are all the Dreyer's fruit bars I had in there for camp :( Tamera, Kathy, and I shopped all day on Friday and the food's starting to pile up. I've cooked and shredded 30# of pork (for pulled pork sandwiches), cooked 35# of hamburger meat - rinsed, seasoned and divided- for the Dutch oven lasagnas and for the taco/burrito bar; turned in my bakery order for 10 doz. bagels, 14 loaves of French bread- sliced (for French toast, of coarse!) and 30 French baguettes; turned in my produce list to Brian at IGA which includes 2 cases each of apples, oranges, and bananas, lots of grapes, green, yellow, and red peppers....lots more...tomorrow we will get together before the last camp meeting and assemble the ham/potato casseroles. Lots of work - I'm glad I have such a great crew to work with, I get MaryJan and LeAnne this year also!
So in between cooking all this meat today, I've been picking raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries. I don't know if it's the rain or what - but this year my berries have been producing like crazy! I've been eating them as much as I can and also freezing them and tonight I gave 2 big bowls away to my neighbors and there's still another side of the bush that I didn't even get to - I put that on Megan's list to do tomorrow while I'm at work!
5 comments:
We have boysenberry, raspberry, & blackberries that grow along one of our fence lines in the back yard. I've already made a half batch of raspberry freezer jam and my husband has come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no way to keep me from sitting out there eating fresh berries each day. :)
wow! I don't know how you do it! Trying to plan for that much food is no small feat. I know the girls (and their bellies) appreciate the work you put into making Girls Camp simply delicious!
Wow, you have been busy. I can't even imagine trying to figure out and deal with such large amounts of food. I've never had to do anything like that. I'm sure you'll be relieved when camp is over.
Ooooh you should make some jam! Raspberry jam is the BEST!
WOW Marie! I am AMAZED at all the work and planning you are on top of to feed these lucky girls so well!!! the menu sound YUMMY!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time at camp :)
Post a Comment