And the big deal...I sewed Megan's pioneer dresses for the Handcart Trek! My mom happens to be a seamstress, but I was never interested... so it's only the 2nd time in my life that I've used a pattern for sewing
- the first time was in a sewing class over 20 years ago!
They turned out to be pretty cute - the sleeves aren't gathered evenly and the orientation darts didn't all match up perfectly (I wasn't even going to cut the darts until Megan said I needed them :) but overall, I'm very pleased with the dresses.
PLUS - this pattern had to be customized - I had to make it long sleeves and lengthen the dress to meet trek clothing requirements!OK - so the c
onfession - after about the 5th time I called Jeff's mom to ask her a question - she came over! She helped me put the sleeves on the 1st dress - the instructions on the pattern were a bit vague to me! She left and I did the 2nd dress on my own - with a some cutting, pinning, and ironing help from Megan.
9 comments:
All right, I guess I can do this if you have only used one other pattern in your life. The dresses turned out really cute. And way to be on it, we have months before the Trek!
Nice job. And seriously, how many pioneers do you think had perfectly set sleeves???
The dresses turned out great! Now that you've shown you can do such a good job, you'll probably be getting some calls from others in need of help.
The dresses are cute. I love the bright colors. That sandwich looks yummy.
Go you! The dresses turned out great...but how could you go wrong with Megan as your model! She's a beauty :)
good job!! i need to buy a sewing machine and learn to sew, too...good for you!
Good job Marie!
how fun! I love sewing projects. It looks like you did a great job -- Meghan is going to look so cute on the trek. So do you have to make bonnets too?
Yes, we are making bonnets too!
Post a Comment