Sunday, February 17, 2008

Serendipity

Serendipity: The faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.
It's been a long, cold, wet, dark winter for me and I was needing some sunshine or something...we opted for the something, as in a get away without kids to the beach for a couple of days. We splurged on a nice room with an ocean view, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, flat screen TV with DVD for a couple days of relaxing, renewing, and storm watching.
The serendipity part - it was sunny! It was so beautiful and nice, we actually got to enjoy being on the beach and not just watching. (I didn't center us very well in this self-portrait - I think I was blinded a little by all the light!)Because it was such a busy weekend - Valentine's day and President's day on either side - our room wasn't ready at check in time so the hotel gave us a gift card to KYLLO's Seafood Grill. The food was great and we watched the sun go down during dinner.We headed for home on Saturday afternoon, driving up the coast on Hwy 101. We stopped at several places along the way for some scenic vistas and walks on the beach. There was even a guy out surfing - that looked pretty cold! We stopped at Neskowin beach at Proposal Rock . Well, it must really be - as I was walking along looking at some of the pebbles that had been crushed by the surf - I realized I was just about to step in writing...someone's proposal written in the sand! The happy couple was busy smooching closer to the crashing waves!We live in such a beautiful area!

11 comments:

Shannon b said...

My goodness what an awesome getaway! The coast looks gorgeous and it looks like you had a fabulous time!

Paige said...

Wow,that's gorgeous! What a perfect getaway!

Aundrea said...

That sounds heavenly! I'm glad you had a great, sunny time!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you got to go!!! Those were the exact plans that Todd and I had cancelled last week, but are planning on trying for again in a few months. I hope you liked Kylo's, we have spent a few anniversary dinners there watching the sun set. We have the most beautiful coast line!!! And can I just say that I think you take amazing pictures, too :)

Rochelle said...

There is no place like the beach! One of my favorite places!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I am glad you were able to get away for some rest and relaxation. The sunset photo is amazing.

Nicole said...

What a great weekend to get away! I love Lincoln City. And you scored big on the gift certificate!

The Maddens said...

I bet it is nice that you can get away and feel somewhat ok knowing that the kids will not be killing eachother.... too much. What a blessing to live so close to the beach. That is one of the things that we miss the most.

Jodi said...

We also love Kyllos. You really can't beat the view from that place and the food is delicious! What a wonderful getaway!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

oh my gosh--seriously those photos are gorgeous!!! WOW! I can hardly believe that sunset is for real. I love those pictures and now I really can't wait to visit you guys in August!

Naomi said...

Wow, you do live in a beautiful area! I cant wait to come visit!!!