It was so beautiful today! I got to get out in my yard for a little bit this afternoon with my favorite tool - the
GARDEN CLAW. I found lots of weeds...but also the crocuses are blooming, the daphne is


getting ready to bloom, the leaves on the lilac trees are beginning to pop out, and the violas add a nice touch of color.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get my kids excited to pull weeds and work in the dirt. They just don't feel the same s
atisfaction that I do!
These early spring days of sunshine are so renewing. It was nice to turn off the heat and open the windows to let in some fresh air today. I'm reminded that I really do love living in the Pacific Northwest and I don't mind a day or two of rain because I love how green and fresh it is.
9 comments:
We went for a walk/bike ride today and I had a short sleeve t-shirt on! It felt fabulous :) You can't beat the Northwest.
I wish I shared the same enthusiam for working in my yard. I love the sunshine, but yardwork makes me shudder. Every year I say that this is the year I am going to do something, anything! It never happens. Maybe with the baby coming in the spring, my nesting will extend outside. I need a gardener....one can dream, right??
awww - you're making me miss our old yard! We had the same purple crocus in our backyard. This place is so bare & non-colorful -- I'm itching to get to the nursery!
I love Spring! I have several flowers already or getting ready to bloom!
I wonder if your girls will follow your joy of gardening?
Our Daphne is in full bloom right now and it smells heavenly!!! Todd says he had plans to eventually own some property where we have a nice tree that he can graph a daphne plant into, because the little bushes aren't big enough for him :) My crocus's all came up, but aren't looking too good now, they were too early to beat all the frosty mornings we've had. But I'm anxiously awaiting all my other bulbs to explode with spring colors! I love the change in our seasons.
much as I longed for winter I am ready for spring!
I have the kids convinced its fun, because when we are done we feed all the weeds to the bunnies. They love that!
It looks so lovely there, we are waiting for all the snow to melt... however my tulips are not!
Paige seems to be able to get her kids to do all kinds of work. Maybe she could give you some advice about the yard work:). I love yard work too. I look forward to the day when I can leave the kids alone to go outside.
Post a Comment