Kyle survives dental appointment.
I wasn't sure if Kyle was going to make it through his dental appointment last week. He is very needle - phobic. We almost lost him twice during anesthetic! Then as I lowered the chair into position the 'falling sensation' made him think he was passing out. While we waited for him to get numb I redid a sealant for him and the Dr. and the other assistant in the next operatory were getting a kick out of our interaction - the mother/son kicking in over the assistant/patient. I'm glad we could provide some entertainment! Kyle's a big strong kid who just can't stomach anything to do with needles or what he supposes to be needles. A few years ago when he needed to give some blood it took 4 nurses - 2 men and 2 very sturdy women to hold him down and they sent me down the hall...he's at least trying to be helpful now! Last year he had a skin tag removed from his shoulder. As the Dr. was ready to anesthetize the area, she asked if he needed to read something for distraction but he said, "No, I'm doing fine this time." As she began to swab the area with alcohol all color suddenly left Kyle and he said as he fell back, "I can't see..." When he came to - it was all over. Poor kid. I guess a career in medicine is out!
7 comments:
I am totally laughing because that sounds like several men that I know -- Brian is one of them. And he DID start in pre-med. The other is my brother. We pity his poor wife, who will have to attend to all scraped knees, cuts, and horribly poopy diapers because Jake will be either passed out or dry heaving in the corner. Kyle, you'd better find yourself a strong stomached woman!!
Boys! It's so funny that you get these big tough guys and they are scared of a little poke!
And Megan's artwork is wonderful!
what a funny kid! You have to wonder how he'll survive a delivery room with his future wife!
Don't rule out a career in medicine yet! There are plenty of fields that don't require needles (think radiology!) Plus when it comes to needles it is so much easier to give an injection!
I'm going to have to share this with Fuller- he's the same way. The needle doesn't even have to be for him for it to freak him out. Whenever the other boys are going to get one Fuller has to wait outside, and even then he gets pale and sweaty at the thought of it!
Todd is the same way, he almost passes out each time they draw his blood. He can gut a fish and skin a deer, but bring a needle close to him and he can't handle it. I think it's so funny!
wow, poor kid.
Post a Comment