
Megan likes to draw. She's enjoyed her art class at school. She also thought it was fun to take art from Mr. James Potter (Harry's dad!) I think she did some really good work. We had a YW's activity a couple of weeks ago with Lorna. She worked with the girls on some drawing basics and they did some timed sketches portraying different actions. They had lots of fun and were impressed with Lorna's portfolio. I thought it was interesting how quickly the girls picked up on the emotions portrayed with one abstract piece that was of a girl sitting in a corner kind of melding into the corner... so that showed me that Lorna was able to convey her feelings through art and the girls identified with the ideas of reflection, loneliness, sadness, in the picture. I hope Megan continues to draw - it's a good outlet.
9 comments:
Wow. Those are some great drawings! Very impressive, Megan!
All of your kids have great talent! Kyle impresses me with his cartoon drawings as well.
Great drawings! I agree, art is a great outlet! I wish I could draw people that good, way to go Megan! Maybe you could teach me someday;)
Great drawings! Megan has many talents, doesn't she? What a great kid.
Those are really good!!!
those are really good!!
She has talent! I hope she continues to develop it.
Look at the expression and concern on that face she drew. The eyes are very penetrating. Tell her that's a picture to be proud of. Painting was one of my creative outlets during some very hard times in my life-I recommend it to anyone if for no other purpose then for a therapuetic one.
Great work Megan!
Post a Comment