Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Megan!

Megan is officially a teenager!
13 things about Megan:
She is happy, joyful, often giggly!
She is caring and sensitive to the needs of others.
She is very athletic and loves running.
She is pretty silly.
She has a strong testimony of the gospel.
She has a nice singing voice and enjoys singing.
She sees the positive in situations and in people.
She works hard at school.
She is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside.
She is a little kiddo magnet, especially with her cousins. They love her and she plays with them and is very patient and kind to them.
She loves the color pink.
She chooses good friends.

We love you, Megan, and wish wonderful things for you!!!!

Surprise Party report: So we did surprise her. It took a little doing...there was a lock down at the Jr. High and track practice ended up being canceled...but with help from a couple of parents and Megan still processing what went on at school, she didn't catch on. (I told her I was counting on her being blond to get me through this one!)
Instead of take-out I made our dinner. It was so good! We had lettuce wraps, potstickers, yakisoba noodles with chicken and veggies, and fortune cookies for dinner. Chocolate birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. Jeanette stayed and helped with dinner and a couple of games.
Becca came up with a very creative game of Jeopardy called Megan's Golden Jeopardy! Rachel helped her with it and the girls had fun playing it.
We turned the living room into sleeping quarters and the girls watched Nancy Drew. Jeff and I went to bed at around 10:30, the girls lasted till about 12:30, according to Megan. The next morning we had apple strudel french toast and it was time to get ready to go home.

What a great group to help Megan celebrate her 13th birthday!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Shannon b said...

She IS a very sweet, beautiful girl! We think she is just wonderful! Happy Birthday Megan!

Tiffini said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Looks like a great party. I miss those girls!!

Jodi said...

What a wonderful day of celebrating! Happy Birthday, Megan. We think you are one amazing girl :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Yeah! I am so glad you were able to pull off the surprise. Happy GOLDEN Birthday, Megan.

Rochelle said...

Im glad it was a surprise! You were daring to post about it in advance!
Happy Birthday, Megan!

Gina said...

Looks like a fun party. She is growing up fast. Happy Birthday Megan.

Naomi said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!
I think she will start reading your blog now huh...
I cant wait to see her (and you!) and give her a big Birthday hug!
Happy Birthday Megan! We will see you soon!!!

The Maddens said...

looks like it was a success and looked fun. That is one thing I miss is all the family bithdays. Maybe someday we will move back there and we can be a part of them. You did a good job with the party it looks like. They all looked like they were having fun.

EDK said...

It has been fun to look at your blog and see how wonderful your family is turning out. It also has been fun to hear from you on my blog!!! Thanks for sharing!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow! i have never made a dinner that good for anything in my life! those girls are lucky you're such a great cook!

Niki said...

That is great that you were able to keep it a secret. I love doing stuff like, although my creativity is nothing compared to yours!!! It is awesome to be able to read about your family. I think often about being on the island and memories of you and growing up there. This is a great thing.