Megan will be 13 on the 13th of this month! The deal we have with birthdays is that they get a friend party every 4 years - 4, 8, 12, 16. That way with 4 kids I'm not doing big birthdays for each kid every year and they can really appreciate when they do get the special treatment... So Meg has asked me if she could make an exception this year because it's her 'golden birthday'. I've been putting her off. What she doesn't know is that it's in the works! I arranged for her friend, Hannah to come over Friday after track practice. Hannah told Megan that her mom was having a 'boy party' for one of her brothers and asked if she could come over and stay until 10pm. Then I had Grandma call and invite the girls over for some card games, hot tubbing, and spending the night. Megan answered the phone (perfect!) and told her that she already had a friend coming over but maybe Caylin would still want to come and handed the phone to Caylin. Caylin said all the right things then went up the stairs to giggle - because she's in 'the know'. Kyle is staying the night at cousin Garth's so no other kids will be here. Jeff will have to pick the girls up from track because Megan usually rides with Coach Carl and David but there's only room for 3. Jeff will have Caylin with him when he picks up the other girls and they will have to drop her off at Grandma's before coming home - giving me a little time. Tresa and Becca will be here at 5:00. We will have balloons and Chinese dinner waiting, birthday cake, games, movie...paint nails...slumber party! (Jeff may want to go join the card game at his parents for a while!)
It should be fun. I'll find out in a few days if she really gets a surprise or if she caught on - I don't think I'm really good at this, but I'm having fun planning!
7 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful surprise. Have fun!
What Fun! I was thrown a surprise party when I was young and have never forgotten it. She will love it!
Doesn't she check your blog? Hayden always reads my blog, so I would never be able to post about it beforehand!
Golden Birthday's absolutely call for a fun birthday PARTY. Alyna's golden birthday is also her 13th. I'd better start getting some ideas. What fun!
Good luck it should be really fun!Happy Birthday Megan!
Oh, I would love to see her face!!! That sounds like a ton of Fun!! She will never forget it!
I like your idea too, about every 4 years, that is great!!!
Way to go Caylin on keeping the secret, That is great!!!
yay! golden birthday! and becoming a teenager all in one year, how cool!
Post a Comment