Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Caylin!

Wow...Our baby girl is 11 years old today!
11 things about Caylin:
1. This is a girl who is very direct. A funny story - I was helping her type a report the other day, she wanted to type the beginning and the end but wanted me to help with some of the stuff in the middle. As she was dictating to me, I reworded an awkward sentence. She caught it right away and said, "Mom, put it back. I'm in 5th grade not 9th grade and that's how I talk!" I giggled to myself as I changed the wording back.
2. She has definite opinions about things. We called her Cayli when she was a baby - "Cayli-baby" - as soon as she could talk she told us that she was Caylin and not Cayli.
3. She is a very picky eater - we're trying to convince her that her taste buds haven't matured yet and she needs to keep trying things...so far it's not working too well.
4. Caylin really enjoys math and numbers and patterns.
5. She likes helping with babies. She has loved being able to hold and take care of her little cousin, Andrew. She also had fun last month with her little cousin, Isabella.
6. She is a good swimmer.
7. She is very confident.
8. She loves playing cards with Grandma and Grandpa Waite.
9. When Caylin was 2 and Megan was 4, Megan announced that she didn't like chicken. Caylin said, "I don't like chicken, either." Megan got over it, but Caylin is still convinced that she doesn't like it.
10. She is learning how to cook and has fun with that - the funny thing is that she won't eat many of the things she helps me cook!
11. She loves going fishing. (She won't eat the fish, though.)
Happy Birthday, Caylin. You are our little red caboose! We love you and are so glad you came to our family.

6 comments:

Aundrea said...

Happy Birthday Caylin!

Tiffini said...

Happy Birthday Caylin. She is a wonderful and talented girl!!

Naomi said...

Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!! We love you so very much! & really enjoy every moment we get to spend with you!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday, Caylin!! One more year and you can come play with MY babies anytime!!

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

"The little red caboose", I love it. Happy Birthday Caylin.