
We had a great Christmas season. The girls and I had fun making treats. This year we made almond roca, winter bark with nuts and with peppermint, gingersnaps and dipped pretzels. We had fun delivering the treats too - in the snow, of course, and we only got stuck once- in Grandpa and Grandma's driveway!

Christmas day was relaxing and fun, filled with excitement, surprises, family fun, and good food!


A new camera for Kyle, a guitar for Megan, a pink tennis racket and cooking supplies for Caylin!

One of my new favorite veggies is baked butternut squash! I got the recipe idea from my boss's wife. Cut the squash into about 1 inch cubes and place in a plastic bag. Toss in the bag with olive oil, a pressed garlic clove, some fresh squeezed lime juice, S & P to taste, a little ground chipotle pepper, and some smoked paprika. Arrange the squash in a single layer on either a broiler pan or a rack in a cookie sheet or whatever you have to raise the squash off of the baking surface (so it is not laying in the juices) Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until tender on the inside. Very tasty, great color to liven up a meal, and healthy!

I also made a pork roast, a triple chocolate mint trifle (got that one from Martha's holiday cooking magazine) and the pina colada punch that we had for the YW in Excellence. Nicole made twice baked potatoes and Mom brought the salad and bread sticks.


We played games and watched Kung Fu Panda after dinner!


The highlight of our afternoon was a long phone visit with Ryan. He's doing great - working hard and having lots of fun. Megan has already penciled in the phone call for next Christmas...from Kyle!
6 comments:
Yay for a great Christmas! Your food pics always look so yummy, like I can almost smell them :) Glad to hear that Ryan is doing well, too.
The food looks and sounds delicious! Glad you had a good Christmas and got to talk to Ryan!
wow, can I be invited to your christmas dinner next year? :)
Everything sounds delicious!
Wow, I got so hungry reading about your Christmas food, I'm going to have to quit reading blogs and go eat. Merry Christmas. Oh, and Happy New Year. I guess that's next.
Looks like a deliciously wonderful Christmas. CRAZY that Kyle will be out on his mission next Christmas. Time sure flies. Happy New Year!
wow! you got snow! looks beautiful, and the meals you made look delicious!!
Post a Comment