Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Morsels

"Are we on our own for dinner tonight?" has been the question too often this past year. So when we opened our little gift ornament and put in new 'Gifts for the Savior'. Mine was: to feed my family better. The physical is just a part of that, but it's a good start!

I've had fun wrapping all of our presents in brown paper this year and tying them up with bows. I'm disappointed that we had to cancel our Young Women's progressive dinner for this evening. My house was the 1st stop and it's fun to have people over when everthing is all decorated. Besides that it was going to be my last hurrah since I was just released!
We tried using the timer on my camera for a Christmas picture. It was hard to stay still and smiling for 10 whole seconds and then some of us had a challenge not laughing with all the camera countdown noises!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family picture turned out cute! I love it.
And that is the only bummer about all this beautiful snow, is that it's hard to get around much.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

awww you guys look so cute! the tree looks beautiful! now if only Ryan was in that picture..... :)

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Marie you have such a beautiful family. Right now I can't imagine it just being Mark and I for dinner, that must be a strange phase. The kabobs look delicious and I love brown paper packages tied up with string.

Shannon b said...

oh darn, sorry the progressive dinner didn't work out!
Your family looks beautiful!

Melinda said...

Your family is beautiful. I know what you are saying about cooking. Joseph and Caitlin do most of the cooking for our family. I made pumpkin bread yesterday and they said, "Mom, what's up with you? You're baking!" I think they weren't sure I knew how.

Michelle said...

Love your family picture! And your packages look wonderful!

Tiffiny said...

Beautiful family picture. I would have been disappointed if the RS progressive dinner had been called off too. All that cleaning for nothing!

April said...

Marie- I love wrapping my gifts in brown paper! So simple- and I use string so I can sing "brown paper packages tied up in strings...these are a few of my favorite things"

Lorna said...

You did a pretty good job though-it's a cute picture. Congrats on being released and having a little more time.

Anonymous said...

I need to do that cooking thing too. What a good idea.