Sunday, December 7, 2008

"That's the guy!"

Megan, Caylin, Jeff and I went on the hunt for our perfect Christmas tree Saturday morning. We (I) thought it wouldn't take very long since we (I) knew just what we were looking for and had explained it thoroughly to the group! After criss-crossing through the tree farm several times- with Caylin and I at an impass...I was finally going to give in and have Caylin take me back to her perfect tree and convince me...we happened upon this one:

Me - "Oh, look at this! It's the right variety, it's narrow, it's symmetrical."
Megan - " It is."
Jeff - "I like it." (He had said that 20 times before, at all the other options.)
Me - "That's the guy." (We are Monk fans - so that statement has meaning to us.)
Jeff - "Caylin, chop him down. He's the guy !"
No more argument.

Mission accomplished!

8 comments:

Aundrea said...

From one Monk fan to another, you did a great job picking out the guy:) I can't wait for January and new episodes!

The tree is beautiful and I can't believe there are already wrapped presents under it!

Paige said...

Looks like the perfect tree!! Beautiful. :)

Michelle said...

What a beautiful tree! You guys picked a great one.

Tiffiny said...

Nice tree. I like the wrapping paper on your gifts. Simple but very nice.

Katie Phillips said...

Beautiful tree! We love the Monk show, too!

Niki said...

How fun. I remember doing that... Haven't done it in a while... Will have to one day.

Melinda said...

Here's the thing...

Lorna said...

You guys make a great team, don't you!