
I had some fun taking pictures of the SLC temple in different lights. It's a beautiful building and I'm in awe of those pioneers who built this by hand.

I got to stop by Deseret Book's Ladies Night in the JS Memorial Building. They wanted it to be like a Time Out - Hillary Weeks was performing, Liz Lemon Swindle, Lloyd Newell, Mary Ellen Edmunds, and several others were all there. It was absolutely packed - pretty crazy. I'm sad that I left my L.L. Swindle print there - that was the give-away for the 1st 100 in the door. I put it down to pay for my things - oh, well.
Ryan's living in Campus Plaza Apts. It was interesting leaving him this time. I know he left before, but this time it was like he's really gone and grown up and going to be on his own - it's exciting too, a little bittersweet!
Ryan ran into some of his old companions while we were there. It was fun for Jeff and I to meet them.

The conference center was pretty amazing and the accoustics are incredible. I lost my voice on Friday and Saturday (allegies, I think!) and I was disappointed that I wasn't able to participate in singing the intermediate hymn in the Saturday afternoon session of Conference that we attended - but because I was unable to sing - I had the opportunity to listen more completely and I felt like my entire being was filled with that music!
We had some interesting weather on our trip home. I wanted to take a few more pictures on the way out of town. When we were at the Provo Temple the wind suddenly kicked up and the storm clouds started gathering. The temp was high 50's when we headed out of town - as we neared the Idaho border it started to drop, ahead it looked like we were driving into a cloud, we dropped from 45 - 31 very quickly and found ourselves in a snowstorm by the time we were in Burley. It had turned to rain by Boise and then the roads were dry again as we came over the Blues. By the time we were nearing Hood River it was 65 degrees and windy. Kind of crazy!
I'm greatful for the time Jeff and I got to spend with Ryan and with eachother, and for the messages of the conference talks. It was a very renewing trip for me, now it's time to work on applying some of the things I learned this weekend.
9 comments:
sounds like a great trip! I'd love to attend general conference (in person) someday. Sorry you had to deal with crazy weather -- I hate driving through snow!!!
Hi Marie sounds like you had a wonderful trip thanks for sharing
Lisa
My sister lived in Campus Plaza for awhile. It was cheap and close to campus. She has some interesting stories to tell about that place. It looks like you crammed lots of fun into a few days.
how exciting!! ryan will love BYU! we LOVED going there, it's such a great school! what do you think he will major in?
We are sorry we missed you! The kids were thrilled to see you guys, sorry we could not meet up with you. Glad you had a safe quick trip! Great Pictures!
Great pictures of the temple. Ryan looks so much like Jeff, wow!
I like how you described the music filling you up. What an amazing experience. I would love to attend conference someday...glad you got to go!
I love the temple pictures . . . and SNOW?
I love the pictures of the temple! They're beautiful. Glad you got to hear Hilary at Ladies Night out. She's great isn't she? And I love Mary Ellen Edmonds!!! Lexi said that Ryan and her chatted for 1.5 hours on facebook and they're getting together on Saturday to catch up some more!
Post a Comment